Thursday, February 27, 2014

Last 30 Days of My Thirties: Blog 19 - Worry

Scripture tells us again and again not to waste our time worrying.  I think this is one of the hardest things for me.  I am a worrier by nature.  I assume responsibility for far more than is actually mine.  My empathy is boundless and I spend considerable time worrying about others and their struggles. 

I worry about my health, my children's health, the way others treat my kids when I am not around, successful education for my children, illnesses of friends, friends mourning the death of a loved one, friends with miserable jobs or no job at all, friends in miserable marriages, friends experiencing infertility, friends experiencing new parenthood.  Pretty much any angle of any situation, I can find something to worry about.

I know it is taking a toll on my health and that my body is holding on to stress in bad ways.  I also know the secret to not worrying is to have stronger faith in God and trust in him completely.  It makes me sad that I cannot seem to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment