Thursday, February 27, 2014

Last 30 Days of My Thirties: Blog 18 - Our Children are Mirrors

Lately, when my children get on my nerves, I recognize that some of their most annoying traits have actually been inherited from...yep, me.  It's really a deep experience when you observe this and recognize the connection.  Even as I try to coach them out of those behaviors, I am listening to what I'm saying and trying to apply it to my own behaviors as well.

To be fair to myself, some of those traits are useful and annoying at the same time.  Happily, some of their best traits are mine too.

But best of all are the traits they have that seem to have sprung up independently of both their father and I.  They are unique beings with unique personalities and appearances.  And they are a reflection of me even as they are a new creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment