Saturday, February 15, 2014

Last 30 Days of My Thirties: Blog 12: The music of silence

One thing I have really come to appreciate in my thirties is the beautiful sound of silence.  In a life filled with young, energetic children, dogs, tech devices, TVs, etc., it is rare to hear silence.  Moments of silence I've come to really treasure include: massages, being in the shower, the first moments of the morning as I pray, time in the car, and being home alone.

I love people and conversation and I love music, and I sleep every night to the sounds of either ocean waves, rain or crickets.  But I love silence.  I believe it helps me to grow and strengthen my own voice.
 
“We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness.
God is the friend of silence.
See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence;
see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...
We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment