Thursday, February 20, 2014

Last 30 Days of My Thirties: Blog 16 - Forgiveness

At a bible study tonight, we were learning about how God truly dismisses, does not count, and covers up our sins for which we repent.  This is such a hard thing for me to comprehend, because I am human.  I cannot so easily dismiss, forget, or not keep track of my own sins and the sins of others.
 
I hear myself say to my children - when they apologize for something they've done many times before - "if you were really sorry, you wouldn't keep doing the same thing."  But God doesn't say that to me when I repeat my mistakes and my sins. 
 
It's so hard to be Godly, because we're humans.  He knew we would be sinners, and that's why he made the ultimate sacrifice for us - the crucifixion of his only son - so that we could be forgiven and blessed with eternal life.
 
We talked about how guilt and doubt are the devil's strongholds into our souls.  We do so much of his work to ourselves when we feel guilt and doubt.  We make it easy for him to enter into our heads and our hearts and draw us further away from God.
 
Recently, I stood before my boss in tears, apologizing for all the work I've been missing due to medical and personal issues.  She told me I was putting more pressure on myself than she was, and that I could let go of all my stress and guilt.  That was a Christ-like attitude.  And it's something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment