Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dear 2011

Dear 2011,
I’ve hated you, I’ve come to be grateful for you in a twisted way, and I’m eager to leave you behind me without so much as a glance in the rearview mirror.  I’ve got nothing left to give you.  I literally feel like I was lucky to get out alive, with my core being intact. 
I feel as if I’ve been through more than my fair share of tests and trials that have proven and built my strength and perseverance.  Frankly, I’m tired.  And a bit disillusioned.  I have found my safe place and there I will reside until I deem it appropriate and necessary to emerge and subject myself to the winds that seem to howl at my door.  I almost wish to be forgotten, ignored, to bury myself in comfort and familiarity, refusing to leave my protective cocoon. 
So goodbye.  Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment