Thursday, November 4, 2010

"I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean"

This lyric from "I Hope You Dance" (Lee Ann Womack)  has always struck me as a powerful image.  I'm leaving for The Bahamas in two days and eagerly anticipating that first moment where I see and hear the ocean in all its glory.  To be next to something so beautiful, so majestic and powerful, is always humbling and inspiring.

I already know I've got lots of stuff to throw in that ocean while I'm there.  No, I'm not talking about littering.  I'm talking about spending a lot of time contemplating, reflecting, renewing, rethinking... I have a friend who, when he is frustrated or stressed about something, will say, "put it in a bubble and blow it away."  I plan on blowing a lot of proverbial bubbles while I am there.  I've been learning a lot about life and love and family and what matters, what doesn't, etc.  Hoping to leave some things out there so far away from the sanctuary of my home.  Hoping to let go of some fears, nagging concerns, worries, stresses, frustrations, and doubts.  Hoping to feel small for just a moment and to be comfortable with that and find solace in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment