Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Wish For You

My wish for you is simple - that you would see yourself as I see you.  You, in all your splendor and beauty and wonder.  You have captured me since the moment I met you 15 years ago.  You never cease to amaze me with your intellect, wit, beauty, purity, kindness, compassion, creativity, and perceptiveness.  Your friendship is one of the greatest treasures God has ever given me, and I am unworthy.
 
I hate that you have been dealt this hand.  To know the depths of your struggle is to practically feel it myself.  If I could, I would erase all of your fears and replace them with nothing but hope and peace.  I would heal your body and restore your mind and your faith.  But I am a mere mortal, incapable of Godly acts.  What I can do and will do - fiercely - is love, support, and encourage you with every opportunity I'm given. 
 
When you gonna make up your mind
When you gonna love you as much as I do
When you gonna make up your mind
'Cause things are gonna change so fast
~Tori Amos, "Winter"



No comments:

Post a Comment