Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Motion Sick/Shotgun

I've always wondered if those of us who are prone to motion sickness are control freaks as well.  I know I am.  Although I don't feel ill in the passenger seat (only in the back seat), I find myself looking both ways at stop signs just to make sure the driver hasn't missed any oncoming traffic.  Likewise, when I do get stuck in the backseat, my best bet at not getting sick is to keep my eyes glued to the road ahead of me. 
 
Consider for a moment that God is the driver in this ride we call life.  We could be enjoying the ride, enjoying the scenery, and relaxing, rather than second-guessing and double checking him at each turn and merging point.  If we could learn to trust and let go, we could enjoy those "passenger seat" moments and not create unnecessary stress for ourselves by attempting to duplicate the efforts of our flawless God.  
 
That being said, we are certainly not given license to recline back, be passive, and hope that God wraps our lives up in beautiful wrapping with a perfect bow on top.  We have responsibility and accountability that comes with the gift of life.  We simply need to remember our place.  Shotgun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment