Thursday, April 19, 2012

I wish our love was right now

I wish we could come together, as a team, yet as two strong individuals knowing who they are and what we want out of life.  I wish I could lean into your strong body, feeling your chin rest on the top of my head as I let myself believe you would do anything to protect me.  I wish we could finish each other’s sentences and laugh at each other’s jokes until tears seep from our eyes.  I wish we could admire each other’s accomplishments.  I wish we could share our dreams and challenge one another to pursue them.  I wish we would always treat one another with love and respect, even when we disagree, even when we make each other mad and we get short with one another and find each other annoying.  I wish we would make it a priority to invite God into the center of our relationship, and grow in our faith together, but separately.  I wish I could take care of you in my little ways and let you take care of me in your ways.  I wish we could regard one another with pride in our eyes.  I wish I could count on you to have my back.  I wish we could always keep it in the forefront of our minds that love is precious and rare and can never just coast on fumes of fuel – that it must always be fed or at least maintained and cared for.  I wish I knew where you are.  I wish I knew who you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment